The WOW! series are creative, interactive and practical books that offer innovative resources to explore stories and themes found in the Bible. They are designed to help you explore your faith with your family or as a group by delving imaginatively into stories and offer reflection time for both adults and children. Encourage connection and conversation between adults and children/youth around the stories and characters, encouraging empathy for the children and a new way of thinking about these well-known stories for adults.
Ideal to use at home or as a resource for church schools and churches providing a multitude of activities and conversation starters for Sunday schools, religious education and collective worship in schools.
Wow! Christmas explores six aspects about the events surrounding the birth of Jesus, including Jesus as the light of the world, ordinary yet extraordinary shepherds, the journey of the wise men, the giving of gifts, the excitement and anticipation waiting for Christmas and why Christmas is something to celebrate. Each story is explored through offering innovative activities including engaging prayer, craft and create, acting the scene, time for reflection, ideas for discussion and creative praise.
- PRAY – opportunities to pray in a creative way by yourself or with others
- PAUSE – take some time out to reflect on an element of the story and how it fits with our lives now
- PLAY – Ideas to get you on your feet and having a bit of fun around the story
- CREATE – Craft and make creations that help to explore themes and parts of the story
- CELEBRATE – Celebrate and find joy in the story and ideas in how to rejoice in these together
- COMMUNICATE – A chance to chat and connect with each other using the parts of the story as conversation starters