What does the Bible say about same-sex relationships? How should Christians think about this divisive and heartfelt issue? And what of those who are caught in the crossfire: the brothers and sisters who experience same-sex attraction, but are committed to being faithful to the teaching of scripture and resisting it?
In this revised, updated and extended edition of the classic chapter from Issues Facing Christians Today, the late John Stott lays out the biblical position on same-sex relationships with care, wisdom and compassion.
In addition to Dr Stott's timeless Biblical wisdom, there are forewords by Dr John Sentamu, (the Archbishop of York) and Dr Mark Labberton (President of Fuller Theological Seminary), a helpful preface by the editor, Sean Doherty, testimonies from same-sex attracted Christians and questions for reflection and discussion.
- Foreword by John Sentamu, Archbishop of York
- Foreword by Mark Labberton, Fuller Theological Seminary
- Editor's Preface by Sean Doherty
- 1 Introduction
- 2 The Incidence of Homosexuality
- 3 Asking the Key Question
- Real Lives: Jeanette’s story
- 4 The Biblical Prohibitions
- 5 Sexuality and Marriage in the Bible
- 6 Contemporary Arguments Considered
- Real lives: Graham’s story
- 7 Faith, Hope and Love
- Real lives: Ed’s story