An inspiring collection of daily devotions and prayers from great Christian writers of the past, including Augustine, Charles Spurgeon, John Bunyan, Catherine Parr and Martin Luther.
The heart-warming words of these saints of old exalt the grace and glory of Christ's work, and will encourage and inspire readers as much today as they did when they were first written.
Each daily reading has been selected, edited and introduced by Tim Chester to make these treasures accessible to every reader. They will help you reflect on Jesus in the run-up to Easter. Ideal to start at the beginning of Lent.
- Introduction and the Beginning of Lent
- Week 1: The Light of Love
- Week 2: The Welcome of Grace
- Week 2: The Exchange of Places
- Week 4: The Assurance of Faith
- Week 5: The Gift of Christ
- Holy Week: The Victory of God