What happens when we praise God? What are the benefits of praising Him? Do you know what praise actually means? In Holy Roar
, Chris Tomlin and Darren Whitehead share a fresh perspective from the worship practices of the ancient world. They take readers on a praise journey that answers questions and provides valuable insight. After reading Holy Roar
, you will:
- Grow an understanding of praise with Darren's unique insights.
- Gain a deeper understanding of how to worship.
- Be inspired as Chris shares how those insights take shape in the stories behind some of your favorite worship songs, including "How Great Is Our God," "We Fall Down," and "Good Good Father."
Holy Roar is for:
- Readers of all ages interested in growing their faith
- Pastors, worship leaders, and small group teachers leading believers
In the ancient world, something extraordinary happened when God's people gathered to worship Him. It was more than just singing; it was a declaration, a proclamation, a time to fully embody praise to God for who He is and what He has done. In fact, in the Psalms, seven Hebrew words are translated into the English word praise, each of which represents a different aspect of what it means to truly praise God.