There is a widespread assumption that there is no space for God in science, and no space for science in Christianity. This book addresses the question of whether the search for answers excludes belief in a Deity. Ransom Poythress’ logical and well–reasoned look at the common arguments will be a fascinating read for any with a genuine interest in pursuing truth.
- Introduction: Understanding the Question
- The Conflict Thesis
- God of the Gaps Arguments
- Behind the Curtain of Science, Part I: Objectivity and Truth
- Behind the Curtain of Science, Part II: Materialist Assumptions
- Behind the Curtain of Science, Part III: Materialist Limitations
- Behind the Curtain of Science, Part IV: What’s Actually Necessary for Science
- Behind the Curtain of Science, Part V: Scientific Laws
- Behind the Curtain of Science, Part VI: Supernatural Assumptions and a Christian Philosophical Foundation for Science
- Evidence: What Does It Look Like?
- Big Bang and Fine–Tuning
- Origin of Life
- Evolution: The Big Picture
- Evolution: Darwin’s Defenders
- Appendix: Additional Resources
Each chapter includes a summary of the main points covered.
The Big Ten: Critical Questions Answered is a Christian apologetics series which addresses ten commonly asked questions about God, the Bible, and Christianity. Each book, while easy to read, is challenging and thought–provoking, dealing with subjects ranging from hell to science. A good read whatever your present opinions.